Many residents are concerned about the direction our current Board of Directors is taking and how the Board is spending our Association dues.
These issues affect all residents. This isn’t about politics; it’s about your pocketbook and how the Board is spending your money. Please attend this meeting and find out what is happening in Rancho Viejo South.
We will discuss:
1. The status of our community-wide irrigation system. We currently use recycled water but that water may not be available in the future. Even if it is, there is no money set aside for future infrastructure expansion and main pump replacements.
2. HOAMCO’s property management responsibilities and how the Community Manager’s role is changing.
3. The Board’s expenditures on legal fees. The legal budget in 2013 was overspent. We have already overspent the 2014 budget for the entire year. What is the Board spending money on? The President continues to deny legal spending record access and Special Meeting requests by Directors who are concerned about budget overruns.
4. Questionable Board actions against Board members, committee members, and residents. We now have some committees with no members because of Board actions. The President and three Board members filed a bogus harassment complaint with the Sheriff against a resident for asking questions about finances and procedures.
5. Inappropriate actions by HOAMCO employee/HOA manager, e.g., misusing the RVS e-mail list to campaign for Board members, filing a false Sheriff’s complaint against a Director who wanted access to legal/budget information, and not notifying residents of a dangerous dog attack/death in a timely manner.
6. Did you know that if you write a letter for the RoundUp, which is paid for with your dues and is over budget by the end of the year, it will be heavily censored and/or not be printed? Find out why.
7. Monthly Board meeting minutes have been shortened to “protect Board members from legal liability” and do not reflect what actually occurs. Residents have no way of knowing what decisions are made unless they attend meetings. The last monthly Board minutes posted on the RVS website are from February 2014. The last financial reports are from December 2013. The Board is not doing its fiduciary duty and is in violation of New Mexico state law.
8. Five members of the Board meet and/or discuss Board business without the other two members regularly. There are flagrant abuses of the Bylaws and the President continues to discuss items in Executive sessions that should be discussed in front of residents during Regular meeting sessions. Why all the secrecy?
IS THIS A BOARD OF DIRECTORS THAT HAS THE INTEREST OF RVS RESIDENTS AND THE ASSOCIATION AS A TOP PRIORITY?
Please come to this meeting and learn more.